The Basic or “Free” Development Program
By Dr. Lawrence Wilson
All information in this article is for educational purposes only.
It is not for the diagnosis, treatment, prescription or cure of any disease or health condition.
I. MAIN ARTICLE
Advantages Of The “Free” program
Disadvantages Of The “Free” Program
The Alkaline Reserve Or Phytonutrient Diet
For Pregnancy And Lactation
A Complete Program
This article describes a basic development program that does not require a hair mineral analysis. Before talking about the program, here are important notes about the program:
- A four-part program.This approach to healing involves a) a healthful lifestyle, b) a specific type of diet, c) about six nutritional supplements, and d) a number of detoxification procedures. The more you do of the program, the better will be the results.
- Three programs.This article actually includes 3 free programs – one for adults, one for children, and one for future mothers, and pregnant and lactating women.
- Costs of the free program.This “free program” is only free in the sense that it does not involve working with a practitioner or doctor, and does not involve a hair mineral test. This saves $150-250.00 when starting out. However, it is not totally “free” because you must buy:
- The correct food and perhaps the drinking water.
- The recommended nutritional supplements.
- To do all of it, you will need an enema bag or enema bucket, and some coffee. This costs about $25.00 for both.
- To do all of it, you will also need a reddish “heat lamp” from a hardware store (about $11 to $20 dollars), or preferably you will build or buy a heat lamp sauna (about $700-1000.00 unless you build it yourself, which can be done for $100.00 or even less)
- It is not necessarily less costly than a full program because when a person works with one of the Approved Practitioners listed on this website, often they will receive a discount on the nutritional supplements. Over a period of six months or so, the savings pays for the consultation fee.
ADVANTAGES OF THE FREE PROGRAM
- You can begin it today.You do not have to wait for the results of your hair mineral analysis, which usually requires 2-3 weeks.
- You can try out development without having to pay much money.
- If you change over to a complete development program with one of the Approved Practitioners, you will have quite a head start.You will already know a lot about the diet and the procedures. This can save weeks of learning about these important parts of the program. You will also have some of the supplements.
DISADVANTAGES AND CAUTIONS REGARDING THE FREE PROGRAM
- When you are ill, your judgment is affected.Please know this. It is not a put-down or judgment of you. It is just the truth. You are probably doing something incorrectly and this contributes to ill health.
So please follow the instructions exactly. Do not think you know better, or that because some other health expert disagrees, you will follow his or her advice.
Combining this program with other programs almost always fails. The reason why is explained in the following paragraph.
- Development is discipleship.The program is integrated in a special way. For good results, you must do it as it is laid out in the sections below. In other words, you must follow along. That is why it is called discipleship.
Do not add, omit or change anything! For example, if you don’t like eating cooked vegetables, that is unfortunate but you must eat them, anyway. Make the vegetables tasty by putting toppings on them such as grated cheese or sesame butter salad dressing.
Also, do not add anything to it. For example, if you currently take other nutritional supplements, for good results you need to wean yourself off them. Usually, this can be done if you follow the program.
Weaning off prescription medication. This is up to you and your doctor, but is also helpful, if at all possible.
Weaning off replacement hormones. The program will slowly rebuild your hormones, and this will usually make it possible to wean off replacement hormones unless the gland has been surgically removed or destroyed with radiation. This includes thyroid, adrenal and sex hormones.
Continuing to take replacement hormones of any kind will eventually impair the program. Blood tests may indicate that you must have the hormones, but we find that that the blood tests are not necessarily the only way to assess your glandular activity.
- The program is precise.By this I mean that if you do it properly, it usually works well. You don’t have to believe in it, although this is helpful.
- Development is really not a do-it-yourself program. Many people have asked for a simple and inexpensive way to begin a program, and this article is the result.However, I suggest contacting one of the Approved Practitioners as soon as possible, so you will have a practitioner as a guide. This works much better than doing it all on your own.
Doing the program yourself usually does not work well because:
– Some aspect is ignored or something is added that damages it. For example, a man could not understand why the program failed to work. However, he told me he runs marathons, which is absolutely forbidden. Another person who recently contacted me who was not doing well was adding progesterone to the program. This won’t work, either.
– Some people become frightened when they have a healing reaction, even though it is a welcome sign.
– Some people are talked out of the program by friends, relatives or doctors. Having a practitioner to consult with can assist you to handle all these problems, and others that can arise.
You will not be able to depend on your medical doctor, naturopath, family members or friends for this purpose. They are simply not familiar with the NB principles and their application. Please read Why Development Is Not A Do-It-Yourself Program.
- Development causes development.This is amazing and highly unusual. However, it is one reason that changing, omitting or adding anything to the program usually ruins it. To read about this, please read Introduction To Development.
- Healing or purification reactions may occur that can be annoying.These reactions are an integral part of this program. Even this free program will bring up chronic infections, emotional issues, and toxic conditions in the body in order to help release them.
When these healing reactions occur, many people become frightened and quit the program, thinking they are becoming more ill. However, this is rarely true. You may read about this in the article entitled Purification Reactions.
- The free program is not nearly as powerful as a complete program based on a mineral analysis.The free program is offered to the public, with no knowledge of your particular health conditions. For this reason, the free program must be general, in nature. It is therefore less powerful than an individualized program.
A complete development program is much more powerful. It involves contacting one of the Approved Practitioners and obtaining a hair mineral analysis to assess your body chemistry.
The diet, supplements and procedures will then be suggested in an individualized manner. Some people need this individualized program badly, while others can do well for a while on this free program.
In addition, your Approved Practitioner will periodically suggest a retest hair mineral analysis and a new program to keep up with changes in your body chemistry. This is essential to keep making progress.
- The free program can waste time.You will heal faster – perhaps much faster – with a more specific, individualized complete program.
- While rare, the free program could be harmful.For example, you can worsen your oxidation rate if you follow the slow oxidizer diet when you really need the fast oxidizer diet. If I thought this was a matter of life and death, I would not offer the free programs, and such problems are uncommon and not life-threatening. However, the incorrect diet definitely slows progress.
With these warnings, let us discuss the free program.
(Modifications for children, mothers-to-be, pregnancy and lactation are described after the basic program outlined below).
THE ALKALINE RESERVE OR DEVELOPMENT DIET
NOTE: The diet is the most important part of the program. If you do not follow the diet, the rest of the program will not work nearly as well, and you may run into problems because you will not be able to detoxify as well.
The goals of the diet are:
– To provide hundreds of phyto-nutrients found only in cooked vegetables. I find that everyone is mineral-starved today, thanks to modern agricultural practices, stress and eating refined food. This is the only way to obtain the nutrients everyone needs.
– To ease digestion. Most people have weak digestion.
– To provide pure food with a minimum of toxic chemicals. Over 3000 chemicals are permitted in food, and many of these can damage health.
– To make the body more yang in macrobiotic terms. Yang means warm, contracted and today it means much healthier, as well. For more on this topic, please read Yin And Yang Healing on this site.
For diet specifics, please go to:
- Reduce stress wherever you can by living simply.Also, do your best to live and work in a safe location with clean air, peace and quiet. Try to do work that you enjoy, and do your best to surround your self with people and things you enjoy.
- More rest is critical for most people. Do your best to get 9-10 or more hours of sleep every night. Also, getting to sleep early, between 8 and 9 PM, will give you the most restful night’s sleep. Naps are also excellent, as you may feel tired, at times, as healing occurs.
- Gentle exercise only is best with a development program because it will help conserve most of your energy for healing. Limit your exercise to gentle walking, hiking, bicycling or perhaps swimming in lakes, oceans or rivers but not pools, due to toxic chemicals and infections.
Although some health authorities will disagree, it is not necessary to exercise vigorously. Even Kenneth Cooper, the founder of aerobics, discovered this after a number of people dropped dead of heart attacks during vigorous exercise routines.
Most people are 1) exhausted, and 2) unhealthy. As a result, vigorous exercise may feel good, but just stresses the body severely and is not a good idea.
- Breathing.Do deep breathing every day for at least 15-30 minutes.
- Try to minimize sexual fluid loss.This means to limit regular sex to no more than once a week, and less if you are tired or debilitated.
- Sunshine.Sun exposure for 10 to 20 minutes daily is very good. Do not stay in the sun for hours, as this is toxic, even if you wear sunscreen. Most suncreens are toxic, so please do not use them.
- Reduce toxic exposures.Reduce all chemicals on your skin such as perfumes, cologne, lotions, etc. Also beware of lawn chemicals, pesticides, solvents, paints, and other toxins. Use only natural products with as few chemicals in them as possible.
- Root canal-filled teeth.Root canal-filled teeth almost always harbor serious infection, even if you cannot feel it. Most often, it is best to have the tooth removed. This can be extremely important in order to regain and maintain your health. It is essential if you have cancer.
- Silver amalgam dental fillings.If you have silver amalgam dental fillings, begin now to have them replaced, preferably with composite resin fillings. The silver amalgams contain mercury that is extremely toxic.
Also, do not get fluoride treatments and do not get metal braces on your teeth. The metal usually contains nickel, a potent toxin.
- Minimize electromagnetic pollution.Try to use a wired land telephone, rather than a cell phone. If you must use a cell or portable phone, hold it away from your head or use a headset or speakerphone.
Turn off all electrical devices when you sleep, and keep them as far away as possible from you at all times.
- Minimize and preferably avoid using all medical drugs and most over-the-counter drugs.Most are toxic.
- Sex. Limit sex with orgasm to once a week or less, especially if you are over the age of 40.
- The following are the ONLY supplements that we suggest until you decide to send in a hair sample to begin a complete development program.
- Children under 5 only need calcium and magnesium.Be careful giving babies and young children other supplements.
- NatureMade is a decent and very inexpensive brand of supplements sold online and in some supermarkets and drugstores.They usually work well.
- Many supplement brands do not work that well, no matter what they cost.
Specific supplements for this program:
- TMG or trimethylglycine.This excellent supplement helps with toxic metal removal and much more. It is a methyl group donor.
Dosage. Women can take up to 1000 mg daily. Men can take up to 3000 mg daily. Children over about age 7 can take a little. Younger children do not need TMG.
- Megapan or a similar multi-mineral/multi-vitamin product.Megapan is from Endomet Laboratories. If you are trying to match it, it has no copper and no iron in it. It also has about 10 mg of each of the B-complex, and a little selenium, zinc, and chromium. These are the main ingredients to match.
Dosage. The dosage is three tablets daily for adults, and fewer for children over the age of about 8. Children under age 8 should not take this product.
- Kelp capsules.This is an excellent source of iodine and minerals. WARNING: Kelp causes a powerful healing reaction in a few people. Always begin with only half a capsule of kelp daily and work up slowly.
Dosage. For adults: up to 6 660 mg capsules of kelp daily, and less for children. Always begin with only half a capsule daily and work up slowly.
Children under the age of about 5 do not need any. Only use the following brands: Nature’s Way, Solaray, Endomet or the other brands mentioned in the article referenced below. You may also take about a tablespoon of kelp granules from Frontier Herbs or Monterrey Bay Herbs. Other brands may be toxic.
- Omega-3 fatty acids.This is an important anti-inflammatory supplement needed by most everyone due to modern agricultural practices and modern diets.
An excellent source is fish oil. Cod liver oil or fermented butter oil do not work as well, in my experience. Krill oil is somewhat toxic and not recommended.
Dosage. Adults need about 1000 mg daily, and less for children. Children under age 5 do not need any.
Reference: Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Vitamin D3.This is another very important supplement because food and sunshine do not provide enough.
Dosage. Adults should take 4000-5000 iu daily. Less for children. Children under age 5 do not need a supplement.
Reference: Vitamin D
- Calcium, magnesium, zinc and selenium.Everyone seems to need a supplement of these three minerals.
Dosage. Most adults need about 750 mg of a quality calcium product, 450 mg of a quality magnesium product, about 20-30 mg of a good zinc product and 100-200 mcg of selenium. The form of the minerals should be chelates, lactates, citrates or other high quality minerals. Some people need more than this. Even babies need a calcium and magnesium supplement, but not as much of the zinc and selenium.
Reference: Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc And Selenium
- A powerful digestive aid.It should ideally contain ox bile and pancreatin. This is the most yang and usually the most powerful, as well.
Dosage. I suggest one from Endomet Labs called GB-3, at a dose of one or two tablets per meal.
III. DETOXIFICATION PROCEDURES
- Daily near infrared lamp sauna therapy. This is a fabulous, inexpensive and a safe healing and detoxification procedure. If you don’t want to buy or build a sauna, you can use a single reddish heat lamp. It is not quite as good, but much better than nothing.
Regular use greatly speeds up healing. With regular use, these allow the body to eliminate hundreds of toxic chemicals and two dozen toxic metals in a few years that would otherwise take much longer.
The sauna or heat lamp therapy also helps greatly to safely eliminate chronic infections. They can also dramatically improve circulation, hydration and oxygenation of the body. Near infrared lamp saunas are dry, clean and use very little electricity. Free plans are on this website.
Reference: Sauna Therapy
- Daily coffee enemas.Coffee enemas are remarkable in their ability to remove toxins from the liver and colon. Done properly, they are safe and a powerful detoxification procedure that I always recommend with a development program. While not mandatory, they greatly speed up the healing process for most people.
Reference: Coffee Enemas
- Daily Pushing Down Exercise.This is a truly amazing healing method. It is calming, centering, grounding, and brings a healing energy into the body. This is the only mental exercise I suggest.
Reference: The Pushing Down Exercise
- The daily spinal twist.This simple exercise will help keep your spine loose and in alignment. It can be as good as some chiropractic, although it is not intended a substitute for excellent chiropractic care.
Reference. The Spinal Twist
- Reflexology.Rub your feet daily, or preferably twice daily. This is a simple, inexpensive, safe, and very powerful procedure that anyone can do at home. It will balance the channel system of the body. By so doing, it helps release toxins, helps relax the body, and improves many symptoms. I suggest doing it in the morning before bed at night.
Also, pull each toe downward and then twist each toe back and forth a few times. Many times, they will pop or snap, which is good. Ten minutes for each foot is sufficient in most cases.
- The Accelerators.These are other procedures that will speed up your development. For details, read The Accelerators.
- MODIFICATIONS TO THE BASIC PROGRAM
MODIFICATIONS FOR CHILDREN
Diet. The diet applies equally to children. Children under about age 3 – 8 are usually fast oxidizers and must have some fat or oil with each meal, along with their cooked vegetables. They also must have many fewer grains, cereals and other starches.
- All supplement doses must be adjusted down for children.
No vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids, kelp or TMG for children under age 5.
Procedures: We do not recommend coffee enemas, saunas or the pushing down exercise for young children. However, babies and children can use a single reddish heat lamp on their abdomen and back for between 15 and 45 minutes daily. Children less than about 5 are best with about 15-20 minutes of the reddish heat lamp therapy. Over age 5 or 6, increase the time with the lamp to 20-30 minutes. Over age 9 or 10, increase to 45-50 minutes.
- Modifications for pregnancy and lactation.Development is superb to prepare for pregnancy, and during pregnancy. I have never seen a problem with a development program in relation to its safety during pregnancy or lactation.
- Diet.No changes. If extra iron is needed, begin by eating a little more red meat and green vegetables. Dessicated liver tablets are also good, better than most iron pills.
- Supplements.Be sure to take at least one Megapan tablet or equivalent during pregnancy to provide enough folic acid and other supplementary vitamins. This is usually much better than the pre-natal vitamin prescribed by most doctors.
- Procedures.Avoid sauna therapy during pregnancy, as it can upset the baby.
Modifications for lactation.
- Diet.No changes
- Supplements.Very important. No changes.
- Procedures. No changes.
Rarely, during lactation a baby will become colicky due to a supplement the mother is taking. One must experiment to figure out which supplement is causing problems. Sometimes changing the time one takes the supplement relative to feeding times will help the problem.
Procedures: Avoid sauna therapy during pregnancy, as it sometimes upsets the baby. Coffee enemas and the other procedures are excellent, as are the supplements.
A COMPLETE DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The information in the paragraphs above is basic for a healthful lifestyle, diet and healing program that, in my experience, will actually heal over 50% of people’s symptoms, with nothing else added. It is the place to begin.
The next step, if you so choose, is to embark on a more precise and more personalized development program. This involves sending a hair sample to one of the Approved Practitioners listed on this website. The program you will receive will combine most of the above with more specific instructions.
In addition, an individualized program will include several more food supplements based on your hair analysis patterns, and more precise instructions on the use of the detoxification procedures. In addition, the hair mineral test may offer other clues and information that may help us design a more personalized program for you. For more on this topic, go to Find A Practitioner And Begin A Development Program.